** Now Constructing **
In the CP, a shielding plate is mounted on the upper portion of the specimen, and then the portion protruding from the shielding plate is irradiated with a Broad Argon Ion Beam, this procedure enables a cross section to be prepared along the edge of the shielding plate. Compared with mechanical polishing, the CP easily creates a highly uniform cross section with no strain caused by milling.
Gas for ion
Gas flow control
Mass flow controller
Turbo molecular pump. Rotary pump
- Sample preparation by grinding and polishing are used to create a flat, defect-free surface
- For examination of a metal's microstructure under a microscope .
- For checking the thickness of plating layer.
- 8" (203mm) or 10" (254mm) grinder/polisher
- Quiet belt drive systems
- Upgrade to Semi-automatic systems with addition of Vector or Vector LC Power Head.